This recipe was a request from my sister! We loved watching Rugrats as kids, and still share Rugrats memes and such with each other on Facebook to make each other laugh.
Reptar Bars are the candy bar that turn your tongue green! (And these really did turn my tongue green, though I’ll spare you a picture 😉 ) In Rugrats, the babies love Reptar, who is a big green dinosaur, kind of like Godzilla except not scary. Reptar Bars are just one of the many Reptar-themed merchandise items that appear in the show.
In the show, we see that Reptar Bars are basically chocolate with a green gooey filling. In most of the recipes I found online, like this one, the green goo is made from dyed marshmallow fluff.
These bars were so easy to make, that I almost feel silly typing out the recipe, but here we go!
Reptar Bars – A Rugrats Recipe
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 small jar marshmallow fluff
- green gel food coloring
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate chips together, and microwave for 15 more seconds at a time, stirring after every installment, until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate into chocolate molds. Dinosaur-shaped molds would be perfect, but you can also just use a square brownie pan or round muffin tin if that’s all you have available.
- Place the molded chocolate into the freezer for just a few minutes (less than 5) until just set.
- Empty the marshmallow fluff into a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave it for about 15 seconds. You don’t want it to bubble, just get it warm enough so that it’s easily stirred.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix it well.
- Add about one or two Tablespoons of green fluff on top of the hardened chocolate in the mold, making sure the fluff stays in the center.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the fluff, ensuring that it is completely covered.
- Place the completed chocolate bars in the freezer for 5 more minutes until set.
- Keep the bars in a sealed container at room temperature.
Am I the only one singing the Reptar on Ice soundtrack after making these bars?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission for sales made through those links. Rest assured, this does not cost you any extra money, and it helps me buy ingredients to make delicious recipes for you 🙂