They’re so easy to make. I’ll get you the recipe.
-Kronk, The Emperor’s New Groove
The Emperor’s New Groove is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I love anything that can make me laugh out loud, and since I have a weirdly specific sense of humor, it is actually quite rare that a movie or show makes me laugh out loud…and this movie does just that, no matter how many times I watch it!
Kronk is easily the best part of this movie. He is so funny, and I love his passion for cooking. In light of that, I knew that I had to recreate Kronk’s spinach puffs. I adapted this recipe, and I think it’s one that Kronk would approve!
Kronk’s Spinach Puffs – The Emperor’s New Groove
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Beat one of the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add to the egg the spinach, feta, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 equal squares.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, and place the puff pastry squares into the individual cups of the muffin tin.
- Fill the puff pastry squares with about 2 or 3 Tbsp. of spinach filling, and pinch the corners closed on top.
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl, and brush the egg over the tops of the spinach puffs.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
These spinach puffs are great as a side item or appetizer, and I love that they’re pretty customizable, too. You can add bacon, chickpeas, or whatever else you want to the filling. Kronk was right, these are very easy to make!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Rest assured, this costs you nothing extra!