“Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious!”
-Lumiere, Be Our Guest-
Yes, indeed it is, Lumiere. When I was looking for a grey stuff recipe for the Be Our Guest menu, I found tons of blogs and websites that featured a cookies and cream pudding recipe based on “the grey stuff” served at the Be Our Guest restaurant at Walt Disney World. I’m not sure who was the first to post this recipe, so I went with the earliest blog post I could find, which came from The Disney Diner.
I was excited to find an appetizing grey stuff recipe, since I’m pretty sure the grey stuff in the movie was supposed to be something savory like pâté, which sounds gross. Yep, pudding is much more appetizing. So here’s the yummy recipe!
The Grey Stuff Recipe – Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- 1 3.4-ounce packet of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 15 regular Oreos
- 1 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 3 Tbsp. instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and the milk, and allow it to set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Crush the Oreos into a fine powder using a food processor, and mix the Oreo crumbs into the vanilla pudding.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip.
- Add the chocolate pudding mix and stir together.
- Allow the mixture to set in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Place the pudding into a large plastic bag, and snip off one of the corners.
- Use the bag to pipe the pudding onto a plate in a swirled formation. Use images from the scene in the movie to guide you!
Not only is this grey stuff recipe super easy, but it is oh so yummy, too. Lumiere was not lying!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Rest assured, this costs you nothing extra!