In the “Be Our Guest” song in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, beef ragout (also spelled beef ragu sometimes) is one of the few main dishes mentioned, so I knew I had to come up with a beef ragout recipe to round out the Be Our Guest menu.
I found a lot of different recipes for inspiration, and they were all a bit different, but the one thing they all had in common was beef and tomatoes. So, I decided to come up with my own beef ragout recipe. I made it in my slow cooker, so it was nice and easy.
Beef Ragout Recipe – Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large potato
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Brown the ground beef in a pan, and drain off the excess grease.
- Peel and dice the potato, carrot, and onion.
- Add the ground beef and vegetables into the slow cooker.
- Pour the diced tomatoes and marinara sauce over the meat and vegetables.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and beef broth.
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours, or until the vegetables are soft and the juice is bubbly.
Once you complete this beef ragout recipe, you can serve it over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. It is hearty and filling, and it warms you to the bone.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Rest assured, this costs you nothing extra!