I’ll start with a bit of a disclaimer: I have not yet played Breath of the Wild, since I do not own a console to play it on. However, I am a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda. The first Zelda game I ever played was Ocarina of Time of the N64, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I love exploring the different worlds and meeting the different characters.
I’ve often wondered what Link and other Hyrulians eat each day, then I heard that Breath of the Wild has a cooking component, and I knew I had to research all the recipes from the game. So, though I haven’t played the game, I’ve loved discovering recipes that some of my favorite characters may eat.
For this recipe, I merged two recipes listed for the game: curry rice and fried egg and rice. I thought a plain fried egg on plain rice sounded a bit boring, so I merged it with the curry rice recipe and came up with this tasty concoction.
The curry rice tasted so delicious and warmed me right up, and the fried egg added some substance to the dish. It was the perfect early lunch.
Link’s Fried Egg and Curry Rice – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice and bell peppers, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and water, and stir until all the rice is coated in seasoning.
- Crack the eggs evenly over the top of the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are done to your liking.
The recipe I found online calls for Goron spice, but I think curry powder works just fine, too. 😉
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Rest assured, this costs you nothing extra!