One of my favorite game mechanics in the Sims is the cooking! I love that you can level up your Sim’s cooking abilities, and I also love that the available recipes to cook change according to the time of day. Another fun thing about the cooking on the Sims games is when one of your Sims craves a certain food.
One food that seems to be popular with my Sims when I play is Goopy Carbonara. I don’t blame them, as this recipe is delicious. Plus, it’s just fun to say “goopy carbonara.” I made this recipe a bit different than traditional spaghetti carbonara, as I knew I had to make it extra “goopy” to live up to its name.
Goopy Carbonara – A Sims Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- parsley, fresh or dried, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a pot on the stove.
- Stir the flour into the melted butter.
- On medium heat, add the milk to the butter/flour mixture, whisking until well incorporated.
- Allow the sauce to cook on the stove until it is thick and bubbly, making sure to stir constantly to keep it from clumping.
- Add the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to the sauce, and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Drain the water and return the spaghetti to the pot.
- Add the olive oil to the spaghetti, tossing until it’s well coated.
- Add in the crumbled bacon.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and bacon, and sprinkle with parsley.
There you have it! A goopy spaghetti dish that’s delicious and filling.